Dear Family and Friends
This is a brief note to wish you all the best for 2023! We would also like to give thanks with you for some highlights of 2022 and ask for your prayers for the year ahead.
- God sustaining RCSS, with the prospect of joining the United Reformed Churches in North America (URCNA).
- The special relationship we have developed with Rev. Dan Borvan and Grace Torrance (URCNA).
- Rev. Jooste’s fruitful trip to the USA in September/October.
- The influx of new members and new member candidates.
- Ongoing historic and new donor commitments.
- The publication of Embodiment and Power with Calvin Jubilee Bookfunds (see Amazon Kindle).
- A contract with Mentor/Christian Focus for Pilgrim Politics: Recovering the Cruciform in our Creed (2023).
Prayer requests for:
- Prospective elder and deacon candidates.
- RCSA Synod at the end of January 2023: especially for decisions around women in office.
- Rev. Jooste’s trip to the USA in March/April 2023 for examination by the URCNA.
- New church donor partners.
- Political and economic stability in South Africa.
- The health of the Joostes’ youngest son.
Yours for reformation in South Africa on behalf of RCSS.
Rev. Simon Jooste
SA: EFT First National Bank. Cheque account: 62832224464. Branch code: 251945. Reference: “RCSS donation”
USA: Please make your tax-deductible donation to “Grace United Reformed Church” (registered non-profit)
Address: Grace United Reformed Church, 2400 W. Carson St. Suite 120 Torrance, CA 90501
“For:” section, please write: “RCSS church plant”
Zell option: email@example.com